GreeN infrastructure Planning
Green infrastructure refers to a network of natural areas that perform valuable ecological functions and provide benefits to both people and wildlife. Green infrastructure also refers to the engineered systems that mimic natural processes (e.g. constructed wetlands for stormwater management). Many jurisdictions are undertaking Green Infrastructure Network (GIN) planning initiatives as a means to coordinate management actions across departmental mandates, leverage limited resources and more effectively address sustainability goals. The establishment of Green Infrastructure Networks can help local communities more effectively manage natural and urban environments.
- Project feasibility analysis
- Strategies for ecosystem conservation, restoration & enhancement
- Park & recreation planning & design
- Stakeholder consultation & public engagement
- Communications & information design
- Comprehensive reporting & measures of success